Monday, January 2, 2012

Bye bye 2011 ... Hello 2012 ... hope you'll kick ass


Enough… Enough…

Enough what?

Enough with always finding a good reason, postponing my first article for this blog. Yes, I know … a little too late for starting a blog; not cool anymore to have one where to promote your hobby … especially a photo blog.

This step is one from my only big thing that I’ve promised myself for this year. I’m not big fan of New Year resolution lists, I even consider it being a cliché over evaluated, but it is still good enough to think of things you want to change or improve in the new coming year. Though, always take care of how much you wish for. Think of too much and you´ll end up doing nothing; think of nothing and you´ll end up being depressive. Every time I have too much on my TO DO list, I end up being disappointed because I cannot do them all.

That is the reason I end up focusing on only ONE GOAL for this new 2012: To become more aware and make myself “visible” in this “online world” from the artistic point of view. Easy! It is considering the many choices one has: such as Flicker, Deviant Art, Online Photo Clubs, Forums, Photo Blogs, Personal Websites (simple or complex ones) and other available specialized websites.

Easy?

Hell no!

Even choosing one of the above mentioned choices, was quite a struggle. That is why I choose to first make an opinion questionnaire and ask my friends in the PhotoCph, the photography group I am quite active in. Hell, again! Just forgot, that the hidden purpose of a questionnaires, in general, is that of confusing you even more. The only difference now, is that I can just count on some numbers: option A … X%, option B … Y%, and so on. 

At the end, I decided to listen to my instinct and try to cover as many options as possible.

Clever!

So, let´s come back to our topic. PhotoBlog! Genius! Will I revolutionize everything I had made until now?

Hell, not!

It’s good to have high standards, but I decided I will not set too many for this one. I decided not to hope too much, but to focus and be grateful for each visitor of this blog, to appreciate and understand every comment (even learn from it), to be happy IF I start getting any comments ;) … but my goal is to remain constant. To remember all the time which my focus is and remain constant on the decisions I took when it comes to the way the reader of this blog will feel, after leaving my page. Satisfied, and inspired!

 Why “PhotoBlog” anyway? I have been using other sources of exposing my artistically projects but I want to also give a story to what I create, not only to attach it on the site. I decided I want to give a story to the projects I start, to add some words to the images I create; and here I do not only refer to a simple explanation of the specific photography but to create the story and express the emotions of the specific art (because, I believe that when you just explain the image when you create it, people may not really understand you as per say).

As I learned from a podcast, the feelings are more important to express, that have much more of impact than the explanation of an image. I may be aware of the fact that it will be quite difficult to satisfy every viewer/visitor of this blog, to what I do. There may be people appreciating both the pictures and the stories, some may appreciate only one of these, and there is the group of people who will just leave, not understanding what I do. But, I want to create this PhotoBlog, trying to express my work the way I see it! Others may see it different, which is why I appreciate comments :).

I am doing this also more for myself, because this is what makes me happy.

I hope you, the reader, will appreciate it, and will inspire you and you´ll like it.

 Thank you!




1 comment:

Nikolaj Freiesleben said...

Great firework photos Catalin. Keep up the good work.